Q1: What is the highest level of education you are planning to achieve after high school?
Q2: How often do you want to update your knowledge?
Q3: How much maths do you want your future job to require?
- No or very limited maths e.g. lawn mower operator, delivery driver, garbage collector.
- Some straightforward maths e.g. roof carpenter, truck driver, horticulturist, landscaper, police officer.
- Advanced maths including algebra and statistics e.g. nurse, electrician, physiotherapist, psychologist, surveyor, accountant, lawyer.
- Highly advanced maths including calculus e.g. engineer, scientist.
Q4: How much reading and writing do you want your future job to require?
- No or very limited reading and writing e.g. trades assistant, farm hand, factory worker.
- Some straightforward reading and writing e.g. bus driver, delivery driver, chemical sprayer.
- Everyday reading and writing like sending and receiving emails, taking notes or minutes e.g. administration, manager, psychologist.
- Advanced reading and writing skills to understand and create complex documents like reports, policies and procedures e.g. nurse, psychologist, marketing, advertising, lawyer.
Q1: Do you want to use computers or computerised equipment in your work?
Q1: What level of creativity would you like your work to involve?
- Little, I don't want to design things or come up with new solutions e.g. retail, hospitality, driving.
- High creativity where I need to develop new ideas e.g. marketing, musician, computer developer, artist, teacher, architect, engineer.
- Some creativity with a mix of routine and new ideas e.g. chef, draftsperson, landscaper.
Q2: What level of problem solving would you like your work to involve?
Q3: How much variety would you like your work to involve?
Q1: Where do you want to spend most of the time working?
Q1: Do you want work that uses your hands to operate, make, move, fix or change things?
- Yes, I want to mostly work with my hands e.g. touching, holding, moving, manipulating.
- No, I rarely want to work with my hands e.g. computer work, reading, talking.
- Sometimes, I want a mix of working with my hands and other work e.g. applying bandages, surgery, measuring.
Q2: Are you happy to do work that is physically tiring?
Q3: How much do you want to be on your feet and moving around?
Working with others
Q1: Who do you want to work with?
Q2: How much do you want to work with customers or the public?
Q3: Do you want work that involves the care of other people?